Follow Us

Hi everyone, I am relatively new to the blogging scene, but I will be adding helpful articles regularly. However, it is impossible to cover everything to do with renovating, so if you would like to join my email community you will receive updates as they are uploaded to my blog.
My All Renovations website will be and running soon and there will be plenty of helpful hints and articles for you to look through.
Remember, Renovating should be FUN!

To join our community just type in you email address and hit subscribe. Cheers!
(Note: No subscriber information is ever given to any other parties)

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Saturday 22 November 2014

Using Technology
I really couldn't imagine not using my computer for my designing and estimating.
Strangely enough, I know one or two builders that still use the old T- square and board and refuse to move with the times so to speak.

Being able to change anything and everything with the click of a mouse is truly a marvel of science. Well it is for us old guys, especially when all of our plan drawing was done with a stick, a board, a rubber and about a million pencils.

Luckily for me I was always very interested in computers and it didn't take long for me to become reasonable competent using one.
Click Picture for larger view
Using 3d rendering is a great way for me to show my clients what their project will look like from the main design, choosing materials and colours and sun direction. Now I know their are some really high end programs out there such as AutoCAD that have exceptional rendering qualities but even some of the low end priced ones can also produce photo realistic pictures more than adequate for the job.
Click picture for larger view
I started off with a program call Architect Series 4000 and then upgraded to AS 5000 and I am still using it today. Compared to AutoCAD, spending $500 was quite reasonable especially for the quality of the pictures. You can spend around $80 to $100 for some lower end programs but for me they were a waste of money.

Here are 2 programs that I recommend. Just remember that you will need to spend some time learning how to use them.  

Home & Landscape Pro is more than adequate to obtain your design needs.
It does take a little time to master it but once you do you won't want to stop.
$179.00






Home & Landscape Architectural V 17.5 is the top end of the Punch Series.
This will give you everything you need for the most intricate designs.
$499.00




Punch also have a community that you can join for free. It is extremely helpful should you need help with all of their programs. (Note: I am not affiliated nor do I sell any of their products. I always like to share good information).
I am happy to answer any of your questions regarding these programs. Remember, you can subscribe to my blog or you can contact me directly using the contact form.
Cheers!

Here is the link to their website. http://www.punchsoftware.com/c-11-home-design.aspx?gclid=CjwKEAiA4rujBRDD7IG_wOPytXkSJACTMkga16qaZ4QY4ESEt8oYuGryshffUJyvwWxOLPoRPyXAPxoCAS7w_wcB







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.